Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stephanie's Story

Hello, my name is Stephanie Millett. A year ago, on March 4, 2009, I found my 16-year-old son, Matthew, hung in his bedroom closet and my world collapsed. Since then, I have been searching for ways to carry on with life for myself and my two teenage boys, now ages 13 and 16. It is a daily struggle to grasp any reason to face a day without my son. No one understands this struggle like the women I have found in a group of mothers, like me, who have lost children in all different ways, but we share a bond that none of us chose--the loss of our precious children.

I have never scrapbooked. I have thought about it. I have a large box of pictures I search through occasionally when I know I need to cry and let the pain out or it will explode inside me. The opportunity to organize these photos in a beautiful way that would bring me peace would be a blessing that words could not describe, so that when those moments come that I need to look back because I don’t think I can go forward anymore, being able to look at a scrapbook that I have put my time and love into would be such a more peaceful experience than searching through a box of pictures.

Thank you for your kindness and compassion for a group of broken women searching for a way to express our love for the children we miss dearly and a way for us to channel our pain into something to bring us peace.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Millett

No comments:

Post a Comment