Sunday, April 4, 2010

Colleen's Story

My name is Colleen Terrill and I am the mother of 5 beautiful children. On March 26, 2007 my 15 year old son, Andrew, was killed in a go-cart accident. My entire world changed. Andrew is in every waking thought. I find it hard to do the most simple tasks, as my broken heart doesn't even want to meet the morning sun.

I was never a scrapbooker. Some other bereaved mothers introduced me to the idea. I thought it couldn't hurt. My first experience was an incredibly healing one. I was able do do something with those funeral pictures that I had no idea what to do with. No one wants to see pictures on your wall of your son in a casket. But in a scrapbook, in a beautiful layout, with beautiful paper, it becomes...beautiful. A beautiful memory that I can share with others without being offensive. Many tears have been shed making and looking at these pages.

When I work on these pages, I get to share the stories and experiences of my beautiful child with other mothers that know my grief and love me unconditionally. It is very therapeutic.

Thank you for listening to my story.

Colleen Terrill

1 comment:

  1. Hi most of you know I am making greeting CARDS FOR BRENNER CHILDREN HOSPITAL each month. Well this month my friend Madison over at Echo Park has referral contest going on. Please stop over and say Chris Wooten Sent you. That is all you have to do. u r entered to win also, donating mine to Chrildren's Hospital craftroo...m. click link below to go there. http://www.facebook.com/EchoParkPaper

    Would you post something about this so your followers could go to Echo Park and say I sent them. It really is for a good cuase. The hospital does not have any of the cricut machines.

    ReplyDelete