Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shannon's Story

My name is Shannon and I am the mom of 6 children. 4 boys and 2 girls. My first little girl, Jessica, died from complications from sepsis at the age of 2. Losing Jessie completely changed me. She was my only little girl at that time. She had 3 brothers. Suddenly I was left with all these girlie things around and just boys. My princess, my daughter, one of the greatest joys of my life, was gone. I didn't know how to cope and I didn't know what to do. One day, Marcie just showed up with a bunch of scrapbook supplies and told me she would help me learn how to scrapbook. I didn't want to learn how to do anything at that time, I just wanted my baby back. But Marcie persisted and I am so grateful that she did because once I started, I couldn't stop! I can't even tell you how much scrapbooking has helped me with my grieving. Putting pictures of Jessica on paper and writing down my memories of her have helped me remember how wonderful life was with her here, and to not focus only on the losing of her. Thanks for this chance to share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment