Sunday, April 4, 2010

Amy's Story

Hi, my name is Amy Spencer and I just want to tell a little bit about why I scrapbook and why it brings me so much comfort. I am the mother of 4 children, 2 whom are angel children now. Lincoln and Savannah. They were 7 and 4 and were traveling with a family friend and were hit by a drunk driver head on. No one survived the crash. My life stopped in one breath. I lost a son, a daughter and a very good friend all because of someone's mistake to drink and drive. My only comfort comes from the fact that they didn't suffer. They were both killed instantly. My friend lived for 2 days and then passed due to her severe head injuries. They were all wearing seat belts. It is still very difficult for me to talk about.

I found Mothers of Angels through the scrapbook store here. I walked by their donation trunk so I asked about it as we had just moved here and nobody knew about the accident and loss of my children. The clerk was kind enough to give me Marcie Ogilvie's number and I called her. I had scrapbooked a little, but couldn't afford the supplies anymore as I couldn't go back to work after my loss. I just wanted to stay at home with my 2 remaining children. Marcie listened to me blubber out my story and then she brought me 2 boxes of donated supplies. From that I started to scrapbook again and I found that what I couldn't talk about, I could scrapbook about. I am so grateful to your company for reaching out to a group like ours and letting me tell you how important scrapbooking is to me. The few years I had with my angel children are so precious to me and scrapbooking has been the perfect way to remember and enjoy those memories. I have also learned to take a lot more pictures of my other remaining children and we are hoping to add a 5th child to our family soon so I will be scrapbooking for a very long time. Thank you for this opportunity.

Sincerely,
Amy Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment