Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lora's Story

My name is Lora Clapham and I wanted to share my story with you. My son Joshua was a beautiful red-headed 16 year old boy with asperger's syndrome. On March 13 2009, he passed away after 3 weeks in the ICU and following a snowmobile accident while on a scout outing. This has been the hardest year of our lives. One way we, as parents, cope with the loss of our children is to spend time with others who have been in the same place. As a mother I swallow my feelings until I am able to talk to other mothers who are dealing with the same tragedy.

Scrapbooking gives us an outlet not only for our pent-up feelings, but it also gives us something to do with the pictures that can be so painful to look at. When we scrapbook, we pour our feelings out and work through difficult emotions. It also helps provide some closure for the bad times and helps us remember the wonderful times we had with our children.
I have only been able to go to these sessions a few times because I cannot afford the supplies, but those two times I was able to get the photos of Joshua's hospital stay and his funeral pictures in a scrapbook and release some much needed emotional strain.
Thank you for any help you can give us.

Lora Clapham

No comments:

Post a Comment