Sunday, March 13, 2011

It was like Christmas....

Sorting through all those boxes seemed like Christmas to all of us! Everyone was thrilled with the contents! These companies had been very generous to us and with the amount of product donated, we will be able to perserve so many memories! Every time somebody opened a new box there were squeals of delight! We are very grateful as we have added some new members in the last few months and our donation tubs were empty! It took 3 of us over 4 hours to go through all the boxes and organize them. We put everything into groups so it will be easier to go through. I keep thinking that there has got to be more moms out there that we can help. If anyone knows of someone that might benefit from our group, please e-mail me so I can help them! If they live far away, I can send them a box of prouduct. Merging with Compassionate Friends has been a very good move as it keeps us meeting once a month. I can't even begin to tell you how therapeutic scrapbooking my memories of Zach is and I hear the same comment from all of the women in our group. I would love to hear any stories of your experiences and I would love to know if scrapbooking your memories is something you would like to do! Mothers of Angels is slowly reaching one grieving mom at a time. My son had written a mission statement of his before his passing...I know, weird huh! He was only 15! I have taken it on as our mission statement for our group. Caring, Compassionate, Contributing. I don't think there are more fitting words than those! Hugs to all of you and please don't be afraid to comment and let me know how our group can help you!

1 comment:

  1. I was checking out the facebook posting for the Imaginisce Easter Basket being aired today and I came across your button. I too have lost a son, he was 23 when he died. It has taken me this long to be able to enjoy scrapbooking again and to put a scrapbook together for his son. Please check out my website for him at: http://virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=2338&page_no=1

    Not one day goes by that I don't miss him! I think that it is wonderful that all of those people donate scrapbook supplies to the grieving families. Thank you for this great place to express how I feel. Sherry Parent

    ReplyDelete